Have you ever visited a dentist only to be referred to another because the one you went to wasn’t offering a part of the oral care treatments you required? Sadly, this is a common occurrence in dentistry.
However, there is a simple way to avoid this merry-go-round. The solution is to visit a dentist that offers comprehensive dental care.
Curious to know what it’s all about? Read on to find out our approach to comprehensive dentistry at Covington Signature Dentistry.
What Is Comprehensive Dentistry?
Comprehensive dentistry is based on the idea that your oral health isn’t just about teeth and gums. It also involves the soft tissue around your teeth, the temporomandibular joint (TMJ), and the muscles that facilitate chewing and movement of the jaw.
The field aims to take care of all your oral concerns under one roof and ensure your overall health as well as your dental health.
At Covington Signature Dentistry, Dr. Peter Yeh, DDS is well-versed in providing a wide range of dental procedures. We offer the following comprehensive dentistry services:
- Restorative treatments like crowns, bridges, fillings, and root canals
- General dentistry treatments and procedures
- Cosmetic treatments like teeth whitening and teeth cleaning
- Family dentistry for all the members of your family
- Emergency dental services
What to Expect When You Visit Us for a Comprehensive Oral Exam?
A comprehensive oral exam is essential to evaluate your oral health and to recommend and plan further treatment.
Here’s what you can expect during such an exam:
- Dr. Peter Yeh, DDS, will gather details about your medical history, diet, concerns, and background.
- Dr. Peter Yeh, DDS, will check for cavities, decay, and any structural damage to your teeth.
- Your bite and jaw motion will be assessed.
- Dr. Peter Yeh, DDS, will discuss the best dental health practices with you.
- Dr. Peter Yeh, DDS, will check the status of any crowns, bridges, or implants you already have.
- Any medication you take will also be reviewed to check if it has an impact on your oral health.
- We will take dental X-rays to better understand your dental health and plan the required treatment.
- Dr. Peter Yeh, DDS, will perform any required teeth cleaning and whitening.
Comprehensive dentistry saves you the time, effort, and money that you would otherwise spend on visiting multiple dental offices for treatment.
If you or anyone in your family needs dental care, schedule an appointment with Dr. Peter Yeh at Covington Signature Dental by calling (253) 638-9955, requesting an appointment online, or visiting us at 27121 174th Place SE, Suite 202, Covington, WA 98042.